The Aesthetician is responsible for performing BHRC’s non-invasive treatments for which they are legally qualified in a safe and effective manner as well as providing recommendations on follow-up treatments and appropriate products to purchase. The esthetician will also be called upon to prepare patients and treatment rooms for exams, treatments, and procedures.
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Capabilities:
- Greeting guests & members in a professional manner and delivering elite customer service.
- Prepare patients and treatment rooms for exams, treatments and procedures.
- Perform non-invasive treatments such as chemical peels and facials.
- Promote the health and wellness benefits of all the products, treatments and procedures/treatments available to our patients.
- Safeguard client information and confidentiality.
- Have the presence of mind to deal with emergency situations and difficult patients.
- Have a pleasant personality,and a healthy outlook on life.
- Must be able to maintain federal requirements of a medical office, such as HIPAA, etc.
- Understand and believe in the benefits of skin care, our product lines and procedures and products offered by this office.
- Skill in establishing and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and consistently follow through with a solution.
- Ability to quickly learn our products and procedures available to our patients and learn new products, techniques or equipment as they are obtained.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Office duties include, but not limited to: answering phones, chart preparation, medical records filing, knowledge of basic office equipment, including copying, faxing, emailing, texting, scanning and basic computer skills. Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
- Ability to check out patients and schedule appointments.
- Provide five-star service and able to communicate effectively with patients, other staff members and physician.
- Effectively educate our patients on our product lines to continue their at home regimen.
- Excel in a team-oriented culture
- Must be comfortable and at ease working in a fast-paced environment and have a track record of excellent customer service, problem solving and organizational skills and understanding of group process and teamwork.
- Must be licensed in the State of [Insert State] as an Aesthetician.
- Must adhere to local and state licensing laws and regulations.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as an Aesthetician and working in a physician’s office.
- A minimum two (2) years’ experience with the following:
- Chemical Peels
- Various laser procedures, including, skin rejuvenation
- Knowledge of skin and skin care products
- Maintaining and proper cleaning of equipment
- Knowledge with assisting physician or PA, RN or Nurse practitioner as needed
- Documentation of charting in the medical record or online medical record