Advanced PRP Therapy: A Powerful Anti-Aging Tool
The secret is out: Doctors are now admitting that platelet-rich plasma therapy, or PRP therapy injections, is one of the safest and most effective treatments for a range of ailments – including many common signs of aging! And with big-name celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Rafael Nadal, Tiger Woods, and the Pittsburg Steelers talking about the benefits of platelet-rich plasma, talk of the amazing before and after results are rapidly spreading!
We use PRP in combination with a range of specialist anti-aging treatments including Eclipse microneedling facials and Neograft hair restoration to treat challenging cases and enhance our already outstanding results!
What is PRP Therapy?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is the process of preparing platelets and human growth factors from a blood sample into an injectable plasma solution. The result, a “PRP serum”, is activated to release essential growth factors in their natural and biologically-determined ratios, along with their signaling proteins.
PRP therapy is the process of using the PRP serum in a clinical manner – normally injected by a skilled practician using a very fine needle
Since PRP is derived from the patient, there is virtually no risk of an allergy or intolerance.
A Brief History of PRP Therapy
PRP therapy was first created by dental surgeons in the 1970s. It was discovered that platelet rich plasma could increase the rate of healing after dental implants and root canal procedures.
Advancements in PRP therapy led to further use in open heart surgery, and doctors found that PRP could eliminate the need for blood products during surgery and could reduce the rate of infections and complications.
Now, Platelet Rich Plasma injections have become the preferred treatment for various medical and health issues including:
- Hair loss.
- Appearance of signs of aging like lines, wrinkles, creases, and folds of skin.
- Acne scars.
- Surgical scarring.
- Injuries of the shoulder, elbow, knee, heels, ankle, back, and others.
- Sexual dysfunction and urinary incontinence.
- And more!
PRP for Hair Loss
Do you deal with hair loss by hiding your condition? Do you try to cover bald spots or disguise your thinning hair with hats, caps, scarves and wigs? There is a better way…
PRP therapy for hair loss is ideal for those who find themselves victims of premature balding. PRP for hair restoration can produce natural looking results – without the need for surgery.
The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) serum contains platelet rich fibrin and growth factors from your own blood that naturally stimulate new hair growth. It is then injected by our skilled doctors into your scalp in carefully measured doses.
PRP non-surgical hair loss treatment leaves no scars, and requires no sedation or medication. And it’s suitable for both male and female sufferers of premature balding.
Components of Platelet-Rich Plasma
PRP contains the primary cells the body needs to heal injuries and regenerate tissue, including:
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors: Responsible for the growth of the cells that line the inner surface of blood vessels.
- Epidermal Growth Factors: Key for skin cell regeneration.
- Transforming Growth Factors: Stimulate the creation of normal cells.
- Fibroblast Growth Factors: Assist with collagen creation which adds structure beneath the skin.
- Hepatocyte Growth Factors: Used to repair of the cells of the liver.
- Insulin-like Growth Factors: Used to grow and repair tissue and bones.
PRP Treatment Side Effects
The chance of experiencing and side effects of PRP therapy are remote, at best.
- Infections rarely occur because PRP serum contains white blood cells that fight pathogens.
- Allergic reactions are infrequent since PRP is sourced from the patient’s blood, and your body is unlikely to reject its own tissue.
- The procedure is virtually painless, with only minor discomfort expected in the treatment area for a day or two after a procedure.
- Redness swelling, and bruising, all signs of your body’s natural healing processes taking place, settle a day or two afterward.
Ready to Try PRP Therapy?
Trust our medical professionals to delivery PRP therapy and help you achieve your anti-aging goals. Get in touch with our friendly receptionists to book a free consultation at a BHRC medical spa near you!