Everything You Need to Know About Vaginal Rejuvenation
Vaginal rejuvenation has been noted to improve vaginal tightness, treat incontinence, stop vaginal dryness and improve the overall look and function of the vagina. While the benefits of vaginal rejuvenation may seem promising, women should still do their due diligence before considering such a procedure.
A woman’s body goes through a variety of changes as she gets older. While there are plenty of solutions that are available to help women hold on to their youth, vaginal rejuvenation is one of the many solutions women choose to help them turn back time.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
The term vaginal rejuvenation covers a variety of procedures. These procedures either tighten the vagina to improve the overall look or repairs the anatomy of the vagina to improve the function of the vaginal walls, vaginal canal and pelvic floor that may have been damaged due to menopause or childbirth.
While some women seek vaginal rejuvenation for cosmetic reasons. Others may be looking to improve the quality of their orgasms or reverse their urinary incontinence. Nevertheless, this treatment begs the question, who can actually benefit from the different types of treatment and why should you do it?
Reconstructive Vaginal Surgery vs. Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
The best advice for women looking to partake in vaginal surgery is to first determine what they want their desired results to be. The vaginal rejuvenation process can be distinguished into two separate categories: reconstructive or cosmetic surgery.
- Reconstructive surgery repairs the function of the vagina.
- Cosmetic surgery changes the overall aesthetics of the vagina.
Think of these two types of surgery as you would a Rhinoplasty (nose job); you can either have reconstructive surgery done on your nose to help you breathe easier or you can reshape your nose to improve its overall appearance.
Both surgeries are related to vaginal rejuvenation treatment but each surgery serves a different purpose.
If you or someone you know is considering vaginal rejuvenation treatment make sure you do your research to determine which form of surgery you will need: cosmetic surgery or reconstructive surgery. If you still are unsure, below are reasons many women choose vaginal reconstruction.
Should You Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Below are three common reasons women consider vaginal rejuvenation treatment:
- Restore Appearance – Cosmetically improve the appearance of the vagina.
- Treat Enlarged Clitoral Hood – Reduce the size of an abnormal clitoral hood.
- Repair Torn Tissue – Repair torn vaginal tissue caused by vaginal atrophy as a result of reduced estrogen.
- Treat Urinary Incontinence – Address urinary incontinence symptoms experienced after menopause or aging.
- Treat Pelvic Organ Prolapse – Subside lower back pain and general discomfort caused by pelvic organ prolapse.
- Tighten Vaginal Walls – Treat vaginal laxity caused by multiple childbirths, menopause, abnormalities or deformities.
- Increase Sexual Pleasure – Address issues like vaginal looseness and lack of sensation in the vagina.
- Enhanced Vaginal Lubrication – Treats vaginal dryness and improve the amount of vaginal secretion.
The walls in the vagina are naturally resilient and flexible because of a hormone called estrogen. As women age, the production of estrogen begins to decline. Over a period of time, the muscles in the vagina will begin to loosen, causing discomfort, incontinence and a low sex drive.
If the production of estrogen completely stops, the vaginal tissue will begin to deteriorate. This is a process known as atrophic vaginitis. Vaginal atrophy happens when the vaginal walls begin to thin and become inflamed due to a lack of estrogen within the body.
When this happens, it can often make sex painful and can even cause pelvic organ prolapse (POP). POP is a disorder that happens when the pelvic organ falls out of place.
It can cause lower back pain and general discomfort. For these reasons, a lot of women consider vaginal reconstruction because it can treat a variety of these unpleasant issues.
Aside from addressing medical issues like POP, urinary incontinence and vaginal atrophy, a lot of women also choose reconstructive surgery specifically for vaginal tightening.
Vaginal Tightening Procedures
A popular reason women consider feminine rejuvenation is for vaginal tightening. Women dealing with vaginal laxity often complain about the loss of sensation they feel in their vagina during sex.
Vaginal tightening can increase the sensation of the vagina making sex more enjoyable, boosting confidence and creating more intimacy in the bedroom.
Women should consider vaginal tightening if they’re looking to:
- Increase Sexual Pleasure – Tightening of the vaginal walls can improve the sensation of orgasms for both partners.
- Increased Self Confidence – A recent study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal concluded that “Women in increasing numbers are choosing to alter their genital anatomy to gain greater self-esteem.”
- Improve Pelvic Health – Vaginal tightening protects internal sex organs like the pelvis from damaged.
Feminine rejuvenation covers multiple procedures that can tighten the vagina for different purposes. For example, a vaginoplasty can tighten the vagina to treat conditions like pelvic organ prolapse while a perineoplasty can tighten the vaginal to address issues like vaginal looseness.
It is important to do your research and determine which vaginal rejuvenation procedure would cater to your specific needs.
Which Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure Would Be Right for You?
The term vaginal reconstruction includes multiple treatments that improve the appearance and/or function of the vagina.
Whether you want to reconstruct your vaginal canal or improve the overall look of your labia minora, there are multiple procedures that can address these issues:
- Vaginoplasty: A surgical procedure (Medical) that reconstructs the structure of the vagina. Conditions like P.O.P can be treated with vaginoplasty and malignant abscesses can also be removed to restore the natural shape and function of the vagina.
- Labiaplasty: A plastic surgery procedure (Corrective or Elective) that alters the appearance of the labia minora (inner labia) and labia majora (outer labia) – the skin that folds over the vagina and clitoris. Labiaplasty can treat abnormalities, deformities, and congenital defects.
- Perineoplasty: A plastic surgery procedure (Corrective or Elective) that helps address clinical issues like deformities or damage to the perineum – the skin between the vagina and anus. Perineoplasty can address conditions like vaginal looseness, incontinence, vaginal stenosis and genital warts.
- Monsplasty: A cosmetic procedure (Elective) that helps enhance the exterior appearance of the vulva structure. A monsplasty procedure can resolve issues like excess tissue and skin from the vulva.
All of these procedures strive to help women reach their optimum vaginal health. The difference between these treatments is the type of device used to perform them.
Different Devices Used in Vaginal Reconstruction
During feminine reconstruction treatment, women can either choose between a treatment that utilizes lasers to remove vaginal tissue, radio frequency or CO2, which uses light and heat. The most common devices are:
- Exilis Ultra™: Exilis Ultra is an extremely effective non-invasive labiaplasty treatment that uses fast radio frequencies in conjunction with 360 Volumetric technology. This device helps tighten the vaginal walls, corrects an uneven labia minora and provides relief from urinary incontinence. Because its radio frequencies heat at lower a temperatures than other rejuvenation laser devices, the risks that are typically associated with ablative lasers are minimal. Each treatment session lasts for eight minutes and experts recommend three treatment sessions scheduled once a week.
- ThermiVa: ThermiVa is a device that uses temperature-controlled radio frequency to help tighten the vagina both internally and externally. It reduces incontinence, stops vaginal dryness and increases sexual pleasure. The procedure lasts for 30 minutes and is administered in three treatments through 4-6 weeks intervals. Patients have said that they experience little to no pain with minimal downtime.
- Alma FemiLift™: Alma FemiLift uses fractional CO2 lasers to help correct incontinence, improve vaginal lubrication and sexual pleasure. This procedure is 15 minutes long and is administered in three treatments through 4-6 week intervals. Patients say they experience little to no pain and typically takes five days of downtime to recover.
- MonaLisa Touch: MonaLisa Touch also uses fractional CO2 lasers that have been noted to help improve vaginal dryness, discomfort during sex, burning, laxity and urinary incontinence. The procedure lasts for about 15 minutes and is administered in three treatments six weeks apart. Patients claim that there isn’t much downtime but have experienced redness and swelling that lasts for a few days.
“Most patients notice improvements after one session. Many are surprised to find out that there are minimal side effects and hardly any downtime.” Susan Galloway, a board-certified plastic surgeon at the Beverly Hills Rejuvenation Center in Houston Texas.
Celebrities Who Have Undergone Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
Many celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Danielle Lloyd have undergone vaginal rejuvenation and have expressed how happy they are with their results. Jada Pinkett Smith had three rejuvenations and claims her lady-parts feels the same as they did when she was 16!
We often place celebrities on a pedestal. We fail to realize that they often face the same issues we do. Vaginal reconstruction has been beneficial for a lot of celebrities. If it worked for them, there should be no reason it can’t work for you too.
Farrah Abraham, reality TV star from ‘Teen Mom’ shared her experiences as she visited the Beverly Hills Rejuvenation Center in Los Angeles to undergo vaginal rejuvenation.
According to an Instagram post, Abraham underwent a vaginal reconstruction treatment in 2017. As stated in the post by her nurse, Sara Fowler, “Farrah Abraham visited us at BHRC to rejuvenate her lady parts. Like so many, she was a little nervous at first but quickly realized there is nothing to fear.”
Read more about Farrah Abraham’s visit displayed below.
View this post on Instagram
Today, @farrah__abraham visited us at BHRC to rejuvenate her lady parts. Like so many, she was a little nervous at first but quickly realized there is nothing to fear. #VaginalRejuvenation with our Ultra Femme 360 is a 30 minute pain-free non-invasive treatment. It works by delivering radio frequency to the underlying fibers, provoking the skin to produce NEW collagen. As a result, women experience a dramatic increase in tightness and sexual satisfaction. This treatment also helps eliminate stress incontinence, a common issue for women who have given birth. #teenmom #femininerejuvenation #bhrcbabe
Abraham expressed how beneficial a consultation with her doctor was beforehand. It allowed her the opportunity to be more informed about the procedure and it also gives her a sneak peek on what to expect before, during and after the treatment.
What Should You Expect Before Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment?
A lot of women are typically nervous their first time coming in for treatments. After speaking to a doctor, they soon realize that there is nothing to be afraid of. Preparation before your first round of treatments depends on you, your doctor and the surgical method you’re choosing to have performed.
However, there are common recommendations that your doctor will ask you to follow before your surgery.
Your doctor will normally ask you to refrain from eating the day before your surgery and not to drink or eat anything the night before your surgery as well. Your doctor may ask you to refrain from taking any blood-thinning medication as it may cause complications during surgery.
Remember that these are just general recommendations, make sure you speak to your doctor beforehand and ask all the questions that you might have.
Questions to ask your doctor:
- What are the risks and complications of surgery both long-term and short-term?
- What are the benefits of this type of surgery?
- Will I still experience any sensation in my vagina or clitoris after surgery?
- Will this surgery affect my ability to have an orgasm?
- Are there any limitations on the use of feminine hygiene products, like tampons, after surgery?
- Will this surgery affect my future pregnancy and the ability to give birth?
Other commonly asked questions:
- What is the recovery period like after vaginal rejuvenation?
- How long will this procedure take?
- Does my insurance cover vaginal rejuvenation treatment?
- How long does it take your vagina to tighten after the procedure?
- How much does vaginal rejuvenation cost?
Asking questions like the ones previously mentioned, will not only help ease your mind but it can also give you an idea of what you should expect before, during and after your procedure.
What Should You Expect During Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure?
The procedure during surgery will depend on the issues you’re going to have corrected. There are many different approaches to vaginal reconstruction. Procedures can be simple or they can be extremely complex.
Sometimes, a treatment may even require additional invasive methods. For these reasons, you should make sure you visit a trusted facility with a trained surgeon and ask questions beforehand.
What to Expect After Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Process?
Depending on the type of treatment or procedure you’re going to have performed, the time needed to recover may vary. For those who have undergone an invasive reconstructive surgery, you will be escorted to a recovery room and be monitored by staff. If you experience any pain post-surgery, you will be treated and encouraged to walk to increase blood flow that’ll help you heal faster and lessen the recovery time.
If you’ve undergone a non-invasive treatment, however, you will be able to go home the same day. You may experience minimal pain, but it will subside within a few days. Make sure you talk to your doctor and follow their recommendations for a speedy recovery.
Risks & Benefits of Vaginal Rejuvenation
Even though vaginal rejuvenation proposes a variety of benefits, there are still risks that should be considered. The FDA has deemed this procedure to be “unsafe” for cosmetic reasons because it can lead to “serious adverse events.” But the risks associated with feminine rejuvenation is seen in less than 1% of cases. Complications as a result of this procedure may include:
- Bowel complications
- Persistent pain
- Changes in sexual pleasure
Keep in mind that the complications associated with pregnancy and delivery are a lot more prevalent when compared to the risk involved with vaginal rejuvenation treatment. If you choose to undergo vaginal rejuvenation, make sure you choose a board certified surgeon that’ll tell you about the procedure and the potential risks beforehand.
Picking a Vaginal Rejuvenation Facility
There are plenty of med spas that provide vaginal rejuvenation. Beverly Hills Rejuvenation Center, for example, is one of the most renowned facilities that provides minimally invasive treatments for vaginal rejuvenation. They have certified plastic surgeons and treatments that have been known to successfully treat vaginal issues while eliminating all the chances of you experiencing side effects.
BHRC has a variety of different locations ranging from Las Vegas, Newport Beach, Texas and more. For additional information about treatment options and pricing, you can always call (844) 394-3433 or visit the nearest facility and schedule a free consultation today.